Thursday, September 11, 2008

What's the Date Today?

























I have to ask the elementary school kids that every day. Today the answer surprised me. "Oh. Yeah. I guess it is" Which is odd because I remember thinking a few days ago, "Man, in a year or so it's going to have been 5 years." Oh what a smartie I am. I have nothing original to add to a 9/11 dialog. Just to lament all the time we have wasted. I just wish we had had leaders strong enough to say that we were braking our ties with foreign oil immediately. To call back the young people and require 2 years of national service. To say that times were going to be hard but we had to stop the cycle now. We could have changed everything, but we didn't. "9/11 changed everything." Except for the boatloads of everything it didn't change. Well, look back at all of those wasted years and enjoy.

No comments:

attempting to silence the voices in my head.