Friday, December 3, 2010

Abortion and the Economy

While all of the pro-life Republicans are crowing about their ability to turn of the spigot on unemployment benefits, condemning families to a joyless Christmas of stress and tension and promoting an economy that smashes the lower classes to benefit the upper, are they thinking about the consequences? I am looking for numbers, but I have to think that there are a good deal of families who find that a pregnancy is not a viable economic option right now. There are many factors in abortion but a family in crisis seems as prominent a reason as any to not have a child. Did they pause to think about that? If you really want to lower abortion rates, isn't a stable economy, along with education and access to health care, the best way to achieve them? Just questions on my part.

7 comments:

Caitlin said...

You're back! Yay!

Pregnancy is expensive as hell. There's also something to be said for an increased likelihood of miscarriage without proper pre-natal treatment.

This is the argument I had with Joe Pitts. He just yelled at me and called me a murder. It was a proud day for all involved. He basically said I'd magically change my mind if I got pregnant and that if I didn't I wasn't fit to be a mother. The man's a class act. I resisted the urge to punch him in the cock and tell him he was wrong and that he didn't know jack shit. Aren't you proud?

wwc said...

I am always proud of your willingness to punch cock when necessary.

Caitlin said...

Ha! I meant more that I was able to control my temper, but I'll take it, and I'll take it as a compliment.

Unknown said...

try infant mortality rates for stats and info. Mississippi is the worste. You will also find that Mississippis is also one of the poorest states in the US.

toashes said...

find more infocheck these guys out click siteDiscover More Here check my bloghop over to this website

shethadys said...

replica bags replica bags wholesale hong kong replica bags wholesale hong kong

deasat said...

our website Recommended Reading basics click to read published here replica bags online

attempting to silence the voices in my head.