Saturday, August 28, 2010

Tokyo!!

If you know me, and there is a small chance you might, you know that I uphold the grand tradition of Kanto/Kansai static. And not without a basis, I have seldom had a good experience in Tokyo. No CHUDs have ever approached me, but I am quick, elusive, and crafty. This time however, the benefits of marriage came to fruition and I had a bit of a better experience with my native tour guide.

IMG_3168

People ask about the fights when you are married. We don't fight much, but a recurring one goes something like this, "I don't care where we eat, I just don't want to keep walking around talking about it in this 100 degree heat." So that is how two Kansai residents found themselves in an all you can eat okonomiyaki place in Harajuku.

IMG_3170

It was a good call.

IMG_3173

IMG_3186

This is Harajuku

IMG_3189

IMG_3190

Gwen Stefani nowhere to be found.

IMG_3192

The Tokyo subway map in all of its glory.

IMG_3194

Tokyo tower versus the moon from Roppongi Hills.

IMG_3208

It is Japan after all.

IMG_3212

Usually the crowd attracts itself and you just have to move somewhere that they forgot.

IMG_3216

I think this sentiment is both accurate and says a lot. This approach will get you far in life in Japan.

No comments:

attempting to silence the voices in my head.