Saturday, January 8, 2011

End of the Year

I was in Florida for the holidays with 900 family members so I didn't get a chance to do an end of the year list. The thing is, living in Japan, I am never sure if the things I am exposed to in a year sync up with the American year. Also my memory doesn't conform to a year. I should make a list in real time. Nevertheless.

Songs of the Year

I don't have my ear to the underground anymore, so these are pretty mainstream.

Just a Band- Ha-He

Internet meme, but it couldn't be any better.



Cee Lo Green- Fuck You

I have been critical of Cee Lo in the past, but he killed it with this new album.



La Roux- Bulletproof

When it comes to pop music, I have made my case known: I am a sucker for a good chorus.



That being said, I still haven't listened to the new Big Boi or the Roots or anything else good.

Show of the Year

I went to a lot of good shows this year but none beat Superchunk at the Metro. Surreal seeing them again after 16 years, with their kids and in my neighborhood for an outrageous price.



Wave of the Year

I had no good waves this year, however I spent the morning before my wedding surfing with a bunch of friends, so that was cool.

Movie of the Year

What movies were this year? I am going to go with---

Exit Through the Gift Shop

This movie is so good and also has the best title of all time



Inception

Has a movie ever looked this good and been this good? Peerless.



Toy Story 3

I saw it in Japanese and it still ripped my heart out.



I saw The Social Network, Ghost Writer and The Town on planes so I need to call a do over on them.

Book of the Year

I don't know. I read a bunch. Born to Run was written like a magazine article, but it sticks out in my mind.

TV of the Year

Treme. Hands down. No contest. Eat lunch at Lil' Dizzy's Cafe.
Call me crazy.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey
I'd love to talk to you about your movie choices: I don't agree but want to hear the case for the second two (missed the first here in Mexico but want very much to see it.) Happy new year Wes, and congratulations again on your marriage.
wdd

Anonymous said...

We're communicating on so many levels.
Jk lol, we don't talk.

Caitlin said...

Oh sorry, that was me. Didn't realize I didn't sign in.

attempting to silence the voices in my head.