Friday, January 4, 2008

Happy New Year

Super busy first of the New Year. Only New Year song I can think of for you. I meant to post this leading up to the 31st, but I was putting up too much stuff. Mine and Josh's secret during the band years was our secret affection for Counting Crows. They write good songs...sorry.




I have been seeing a lot of "Best of" List for the year. I used to like these, but, living in Japan, I have no idea what happened this year or what I am just seeing or reading or hearing. I would have to say that, for me, This is England . I didn't think it counted as coming out this year, but I saw it on other lists. Runners up? Sicko . The Bourne Ultimatum.

Book of the year? I have no idea. Best book I have read this year? Probably Master and Commander: Post Captain. An insanely good book featuring English country romance, detailed descriptions of ship's rigging, a swarm of 60,000 bees and an ape in a sweater, often on the same page.

Wave of the year? Last day at Tenjikan. Saturday. I waited way outside and caught a left all the way in to ankle deep water. Almost blew the takeoff, got my balance on the bottom turn. A little over head high. Nobody saw it.

Fight of the year? I liked Diaz Vs. Gomi, but many say it was over rated.

TV of the year? Was The Wire on this year? Battlestar Galactica is pretty f'ing good.

Song of the year? Anything I wrote..Naturally.

1 comment:

The Morholt said...

Out of the Crow closet: I like them too.

attempting to silence the voices in my head.