Thursday, January 24, 2008

Japanese Words of the Year

Here is a list of the Japanese words of 2007. Number one is from Miyazaki. What's up? I leave and everything blows up. Of course I have heard "sen to ikan" a million times. I must confess, I never really heard "dogenka" used. Natsuki said that her dad in Kagoshima says it all the time, so it is probably used more out towards Miyakonojo. (I imagine this is your number one English speaking blog for information on the geography and vernacular of rural Miyazaki.)

"KY" I hear all of the time now. Especially at school. I also hear "Kuki yomenai otoko." (Especially in reference to one friend) However, I didn't think they were related. I thought the "K" in "KY" was "Kangae" and that it had to do with rethinking your actions. And "Kuki yomenai" just means that you can't follow social situations.

No comments:

attempting to silence the voices in my head.