Sunday, January 20, 2008

It's Cold as a Mountain Peak

Kyoto is freezing, but the U.S. soccer team beat Sweden 2-0 with a collection of players I have never heard of.

In addition, BJ Penn, took the vacant UFC lightweight title.

Yesterday I went to the gym to lift weights and found I have been getting progressively weaker and weaker. Which is strange. I have lifted weights pretty seriously since I was in junior high and I am probably weaker now than I was then. In any case, I lifted weights for an hour then some guys showed up and were grappling so I grappled with this joker off and on for an hour with 7 minute rounds. Don't let the picture fool you. He is a pro fighter and was the 2007 All-Japan Shooto amateur champion. The Judo class, which I had been planning on going to started. I was so exhausted I barely got through warm-ups and was exhausted. Embarrassing. Embarrassing. We sparred for 30 minutes with 3 minute rounds. The teacher was this guy , who is a 3rd degree black belt and possibly the strongest human I have ever met. He says that, when he did judo, he fought at 130kg (286lbs) I was like a toy. He was laughing. It was terrible. Today, I haven't left the house.

It is raining and freezing and I don't feel bad about staying inside. Wonder if it will snow tonight?

No comments:

attempting to silence the voices in my head.