Monday, May 12, 2008

At it Again.

Got into it with Okada again today. Saw it coming a mile away. Hamanaka, the usual teacher was gone to a meeting so it was just Toda and me. Yes. You heard correct. Most classes at this school have to have multiple teachers. Toda is 22 and just left college. He is okay but kind of quiet. I told him that if I went off, it was mostly not real. It would mostly be for effect. It took the normal 3-4 minutes just to get everyone's seats in rows and get them in the class. Okada rolls in late and wanders around. I tell him to sit down and he says, "Shut up." And walks out of class. If he just left, that might have been okay, but he was just kind of going about what he started and washing stuff out in the sink in front of the class. I went out and asked what he was doing. "Washing this." I told him that it was time for class, but that if he wasn't interested he could sit in the hall and be quiet or stay in class if he didn't get in the way. "Fuck you! You talk too much. Shut up." As usual he said all this while trying to go about what he was doing. I stopped him with my hand to the outside of his shoulder, still holding my notebook. He freaked out again. "Are we going to do this again?" I asked. "Don't you remember how it went last time?" I actually don't remember what he said from this point on because it doesn't matter. Just think up a string of profanity. He tried to shake me off and clawed up my arms so I took him and pushed him up in a corner and told him again that we were teachers and he can't act this way to teachers. At this point another teacher, the really tiny lady who dresses well but I always forget her name, had come out. "Why are you standing on my foot!?!" Okada yelled. Which was funny because I was standing on his foot as it is my reaction. I use it in judo and jiu-jitsu a lot to trap my opponents leg and I guess I was doing it in this situation to prevent a knee, but I didn't think about it. Okada pitched a fit and kicked a door and yelled and screamed off down the hall.
He came back later and quietly packed his bag and left.

No comments:

attempting to silence the voices in my head.