Saturday, May 10, 2008

Worst Song Eva! ? !

I was riding my bike home from Sanjo after work on Friday when I was overtaken by strange flute music. It was at the intersection of Kiyamachi and Sanjo where there is often live music but there is also a cafe which plays loud recorded live music that sounds a lot like actual live music. I am not sure which I heard. It was a catchy, odd tune, which seemed to spark something in my memory. "I know that song." I thought. "I know that song from 'Time After Four.'" The most compelling bad radio show I know. "Time After Four", I believe, originates out of Joy FM in Miyazaki and involves and older man, completely lacking any kind of dynamism, playing really terrible old songs. This is the program that introduced me to both "Ras-Ras-Rasputin" and "Speedy Gonzales." I just couldn't place what song this fluting belonged to. I just kept hearing the phrase "subtle whoring" over and over again. Then, it came to me. That terrible song was in fact this:



Possibly the worst song I have ever heard. Just think, that poor lady has to sing it over and over again for her whole life.

No comments:

attempting to silence the voices in my head.