Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Quiet?

The 3rd years are away on their school trip so I have been basking in the interim peacefulness and the knowledge that I probably won't have to fight anyone for the next few days. Or was I!?!?!?!?!?



The school has definitely quieter. Monday it came to light that the rotten 2nd year girls from last weeks bullying story have turned on the 1st and 2nd years on the volleyball team, which they are also a part of, and told them that they must do everything they say. They have the help of giant 2nd year girl Marutani, who might be my size. Inoue called a special meeting for after school on Monday. As the 3rd years are gone I resumed my post at the front of the school saying "See you" and making sure nobody devolves and starts eating their own feces. The meeting ran long and the 1st years who were waiting for their friends grew restless. I tried to keep them occupied and slightly quiet. We had fun. I let them punch me a lot and tried to remember all of their first names. I found out who was dating who. The meeting ran on and on. At some point Inoue Sensei emerged angry. I missed it but was told that instead of participating, the bad girls were playing cards. Of course they wouldn't listen to the word "stop." Inoue Sensei left them there. I watched the 1st years, who were growing tired as the meeting had exceeded and hour at this point. Inoue Sensei went back in the room. Soon after banging and yelling drowned out any conversation, this was mixed in with forced hysterical laughter. "He just wants us to be scared, but I'm not scared." They are well practiced phsychotics, these 2nd year 'girls.' The vice principal came downstairs and I told him that everything was okay. The girls bange dout of the classroom laughing. They turned on me and the 1st years. The vice-principal was new to the situation with different priorities so he didn't really grasp what was going on. He was trying to get the girls to wait while I was trying to get them to leave. One realized she had forgotten her umbrella and went back in after it. When she came out she bashed it against a column, laughing until it fell apart. Marutani, the tall one, began asking the 1st years why they were there. I told her it had nothing to do with her and that she should leave. She assured me it had nothing to do with me, that I wasn't even Japanese, plus I am disgusting and should die. The 1st years were great and ignored her. I told her she wasn't even a human and to get out of my face. It was all very funny to them. I said that I understood that they were laughing but they were really lonely and sad and that it is too bad that they can't admit that and deal with it. Of course that was funny as well as being impossible to understand, according to them.

They wouldn't leave. The rest of the volleyball team did and the girls went back for more, "Why don't you quit Inoue. We hope you are murdered." Miyaji, a 1st year boy who gets in trouble for all of the stuff I would have also gotten in trouble for (climbing on top of the home center/crashing shopping carts) came up and gave me a hug. I love the 1st years.

The rest of the 2nd year teachers came down to see what was going on. Ozaki had Marutani talk to Inoue. She lied the whole time of course. I got pissed and went home. I ran into Eda, the All-Japan Amateur Shooto champion at sanjo and we went to the gym to get it out of my system.

These kids really have mental troubles beyond or capacity to deal with them.

No comments:

attempting to silence the voices in my head.