Sunday, February 17, 2008

Friday

Before I was shocked by my job rejection on Friday, I was having a very interesting day. I meant to talk about it. For starters I went to get my new work visa. I had applied for a one year visa and it had taken forever. I applied in November. I went in and they handed me a brand spanking new 3 year work visa. Bad ass. If you have a job.

I went downtown and tried to park my bike at Loft. I often park there because they actually have a parking lot and because I like to go to Loft. Here is my actual conversation with the attendant:

Welcome!

Hello, my bike doesn't have a stand so I am going to move this bike over a little and set my bike against this cone.

Actually, bikes without stands are not allowed here.

Really?

Yes, you will cause damage.

To what?

To the cone.

To the traffic cone?

Yes.

It is plastic. How do I damage it?

It will mess it up.

It's plastic. Are you serious?

Yes. You can't park here.

Whatever.

No comments:

attempting to silence the voices in my head.