Saturday, February 2, 2008

UFC 81- Quetzalcoatl

This Saturday the UFC brings us a heavyweight showdown/possible freak-show. Pro-wrestling and emergent MMA merge. Which will be validated? Here are my picks.

Marquardt vs. Horn- Two consummate pros. I think this is Horn's 900th fight. I don't see Marquardt getting submitted. Therefor, Marquardt by decision.

Emerson vs. Nakamura-
I will never pull for Rob Emerson. Nakamura by decision.

Eastman vs. Martin
- Martin is explosive. Eastman takes a lot of punishment. Martin by KO in the 2nd.

Heath vs. Drwal-
I don't really care. Heath by sub in the 2nd.

Griffin vs. Tibau-
Exciting fighters, exciting fight. Griffin swears he is going for the KO. He gets it in the 2nd.

Silvia vs. Nogueira-
I am not alone in my dislike for Silvia. He is a hard guy to beat however. Nog can take a beating like no other with his catcher's mitt face. Nog's boxing is very good. His submissions are the best. I predict him hanging in with Tim and capitalizing on a mistake in the 4th. Although I would like to see him go for a rolling kneebar.

Mir vs. Lesnar-
Here it is. What we don't know about Lesnar is huge. Sure, he was a great college wrestler. He spent the next decade being a pro-wrestler. I think that must have taken a lot out of his body He is big and strong. So is Frank Mir. How much of his strength is applicable? We don't know. The sub game is tricky and takes years to master. Mir is excellent at it. Lesnar is a big question mark. I have Mir by sub in the 1st. If it goes past that I don't know that Mir has the gas tank. I think Lesnar's short range punches good be brutal and take their toll.

There you have it. Tank it to the water cooler. Fax it in Arash Markazi.

Oh, Super Bowl. I haven't seen football in 2 years. Patriots 18 Giants 7

No comments:

attempting to silence the voices in my head.