Friday, February 15, 2008

Shock II

The bitch machine won' let me continue writing unless it is in italics. I was very excited about working as a real teacher in a private high school. I have no idea why I didn't get the job. The same way I have no idea how I didn't get into to FSU. I don't know. I am fucked I suppose. It is easy to say, "Go home." But to what? Again, it is hard to apply for a grad school that I can't pay for in late February. I was so sure about this job and I am just as sure that it went to so boring turds who got their master's from an internet school, or in Canada. I have schools begging me to stay and a board of ed. who want let them keep me and this firm who hires teachers won't give me a job. I think they should have to explain why. I would be less offended. Good thing we are crashing into a recession in America. Things are looking bright.

4 comments:

Edo said...

:(

http://www.bustedtees.com/shirt/carcettiformayor/Male

Anonymous said...

i'm sorry that the other job did not work out. lemme ask you something - is the problem that you don't have a teaching certificate or is it that you don't have your master's? ms. e is the certification queen for okaloosa county and if you tell me what it is that you need, she can figure out the quickest way for you to get it (guess who is being groomed to take over the newspaper in 2009). i know i'm being a dude here but if i can help you out i want to.

did you hear that they brought back american gladiators? i read it was pretty close to the original but i don't have cable so i never saw it myself.

Unknown said...

Wes, That is what happens and keeps happening; life isn't about what we think it is, and we are incapable of respecting what it is about for 99% of the world. Are you a good and committed teacher? Who cares? At least why would anyone care if you don't know the right people or wear the right tie or defer to people who are clueless and dim. When they told us (between bouts of humiliation) to respect ourselves when we were kids, they were just talking, the real lesson was supposed to sink in with the humiliations (though we were naive enough to believe they were unintentional).
Guess what kinda day I've had?
Anyway, don't leave japan unless you want to. Even if it means taking a shit job. If you do want to, go back to wherever there is something you want. Not getting all the rules is mostly a liability, but it also often allows us to bluff or embarrass our way into great opportunities.

To feel a bit better, look up Benny Lava on youTube. i played it three times at my school valentines dance, and the kids went apeshit while the parents looked at each other in confusion, and the last time I projected the video over the parents heads, but they were too thick to look up and see what kinda shit I was laying on their young'uns. Sometimes being a teacher is great.

Jennifer B said...

Hey Wes,
I'm sorry to hear your news. That really sucks. I'm even more sorry that it's got you down. Keep your head up okay boy. You know you always have your support group for wherever (japan, america, england!) you end up. (^_^)

attempting to silence the voices in my head.