Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Put my Donkey in the Shade.

One of my new favorite, unintentionally funny translations. From an interview with Rickson Gracie, originally in Portuguese.

Translation by:
MMA Europe website (from Portuguese)


Are you ready for your last fight?
I am very optimistic that it’ll happen this year... perhaps it will really be the last fight. In my heart, I have nothing to prove to anyone. I confess that the biggest motivation is to bring a comfort for my children, until today I do not have conditions.

No? Don’t you have a considerable bank account?
People cannot think thus. The conquests of the past don’t matter. If you have the chance to kill an enormous buffalo... I feel a hunter, a supplier for my family. I could not refuse a possibility of these.

Then it will be a lot of cash…
It will... I will put my “donkey in the shade”

No comments:

attempting to silence the voices in my head.