Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Noooooooooo!!!!!!!!

Rest In Peace Jerry Reed. How much ass does that suck. The prototype of Southern (whatever you call someone who is so far beyond alpha that he took a detour before he even thought about it...that), the Georgia Wildman took his ruckus on up the golden road. Could mortality really contain him anyway?

Here he is in 1982 inventing hip-hop:


And here he is telling the history of Louisiana:



Showing you how to be a badass:


Laying down the funk:


Nailing It:


The Streams Collide!!!!!!!!!!!!


Producing Strangeness:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for those!! I watched them all. Gosh, was he young when he was on the Porter Waggoner show! He was just so likable and full of life.

wwc said...

I love the Jerry Reed. There is one of him and Barbara Mandrell that I thought you might like, but I didn't include it. You know, I didn't even recognize the young Porter Waggoner. There goes all my street cred.

attempting to silence the voices in my head.