Sunday, January 20, 2008

The Fights

BJ Penn, my boy, is headlining "UFC 80-Why I liked Bikini Kill." To get you warmed up here is video of BJ Penn's cheat meal. If you don't follow this kind of thing, when you are in training camp and trying to make weight-as BJ is, coming down to 155-you have to keep to a really strict diet. However, your body can do with one day a week of eating whatever. This was BJ's day.




As usual, the betting has closed before I write this so I am not able to go back and look at my actual picks to give you. So I will think it through again.

Eklund vs. Stout- I think I picked Stout, but Eklund is a sub machine. A toss up. I go for Stout of a flash KO coming out of the clench. 2nd round.

Kelly vs. Taylor- I am calling it for Paul. Wait, they are both named Paul. Taylor in the 3rd by more experience. Maybe a decision but I see Kelly getting tired in the 3rd.

Lee vs. Sakara- A lot of people are saying Lee by submission. I don't care how many times he loses, I love Sakara. He also has really decent tattoos-a rarity in this sport. Sakara by KO in the 2nd. If he loses, it will also be in a really exciting way.

Hardonk vs. Robinson- Kickboxing. Kickboxing. Hardonk by KO in the 2nd.

Rivera vs. Grove- I really dig both of these guys. I give the edge in personality to Rivera. I give the slight...slight advantage to Grove in fighting. That edge might not be slight now though. Grove is a wealth of potential. I have Grove by sub in the 3rd. I wouldn't be surprised by a tough and game Rivera getting a KO out of the clinch on Grove who has a suspect chin.

Gouveia vs. Lambert- Gouveia, because he fights out of American Top Team. Lambert is no slouch. Gouveia by sub in the 2nd. Hard fight. Lambert could KO him at any time.

Davis vs.Liaudin- Davis is "The Irish Hand Grenade." He wins. By explosion. This should be a nice fight. They are both on rolls. Davis can KO or sub. I see a KO off a body shot in the 3rd.

Gonzaga vs. Werdum- Hard to call. Werdum must have but on 30 pounds for this fight. Will this help him in the clinch and maintaining top position or will this slow him down? I don't know. Gonzaga. Strikes. TKO. 2nd.

Penn vs. Stevenson- I think Stevenson is a really, really impressive fighter. He is crazy strong and fights with his heart and his head. BJ Penn is the MMA Godhead. He is my favorite fighter. He orbits above our world. He wins by whatever he wants. Most people are saying sub. I think Stevenson is a hrad guy to sub. Of course, BJ can sub anybody, but. I see this being a KO for BJ in the 2nd. The 2nd has always been his money round. Do people forget that he was out striking GSP? Now he moves down in weight and still thros with the same power. It is going to be an awesome fight. Now watch it be a DQ on a cut or something.

There it is. Take it to the bank. Arash Markazi, just cut and paste it into your CNN article. I'll never tell.

No comments:

attempting to silence the voices in my head.