Friday, January 4, 2008

The Iowa Caucus

The Young Turks had caucus coverage all night. I got up at 9am here to watch as I love this stuff. I couldn't stay awake. Obama was the big winner. Clinton was the big loser. I haven't really picked a candidate yet. Edwards is saying most of the right things right now. A lot of people say he is phony. I don't really care. If he is picking class issues because he thinks they will help him win, then run with it. There is a lot to like about Richardson. He certainly has the best record of achievement. He is also and old-school DLCer. I agree with most of Kucinich's positions by I don't find his goofiness endearing. There is something deeper about it. I don't mean that to discount him or make light of him. I am not always sure that I believe the same things as him. I supported Dodd for his legislative seriousness of late. I see Clinton, much like I saw Bill, as the best Republican candidate out there. Obama. Obama. You delectable cipher you. Let me say this as non-patronizingly as I can; Sometimes a cosmetic change that is obvious and exists mainly on the surface is good in and of itself. I think that Obama being a black man elected to the highest office would change something fundamental in America, regardless of his policies. That being said, his policies wouldn't be bad. I think his judgment would be good I think it would help our country overseas enormously to have him as president. I think it would help us enormously to have him as president. A lot of the same could be said for Hillary Clinton. I give her credit for trying to bring us insurance low those long years ago. It would have changed a lot about my life these intervening years. I don't know. I do know tha the country will be 100 times better with a Democrat in office.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Had a wonderful New Year at the beach, but we were stuck in a house with 7 always "right" Democrats. How can they be so nasty and damned opinionated? But "we" aren't expected to say anything against their party. I just shut up and tried not to steer toward politics. Their behavior in that realm speaks for itself-my best friends included!

wwc said...

democrats?? did you mean republicans??

Anonymous said...

Ah, yes!!

attempting to silence the voices in my head.