Wednesday, January 16, 2008

School Connections

Yesterday morning at Imaichi-chu the first year boys had started doing judo for P.E. again. I noticed that the girls weren't, again. I said to the English teacher, "I think the girls need to be doing judo." He kind of put his hands in the air and shrugged.

Later, after lunch, all teachers had a special meeting where we discussed the events of yesterday. Apparently two female students, second years, were meeting in the park, next to the river, behind the school when a man in his fifties wearing a black track suit began masturbating in front of them. They ran back to the school and got the rugby teacher to call the police.

Are these two stories connected? Should they be? I throw my hands in the air and shrug.

Lightly connected, my impending loss of a job is starting to weigh on me. If I had an American teaching license I could get a job at Ritsumeikan junior high school making over $4,000 a month. Instead I find myself scanning the want adds and wondering if I should go for part time or full time at New Bar Nasty House. Thank you Osaka Board of Ed. for not letting me do my job.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

doesn't matter if a girl has an ak in each hand and a razor under her tongue, dudes will still whip it out all the time. it's not about teaching girl self-defense, it's about teaching dudes to keep their dicks in their pants.

could you just come back to the states, get certified, and jet on back over there? i know that's not what you want to do but you could bust it out in a year, no problem. uwf has this "alternative certification" program that would be a breeze for you. you could probably find something similar somewhere else. i've given up on teaching, I know i don't have it in me. i was born to be a case manager.

and git me a t-shirt from the new bar nasty house!!!

attempting to silence the voices in my head.