Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The Part I left Out

In my cold riddled delirium, I left out an important element of my bad day story. In between the crying girl drama, this was happening: I have been playing a game with the kids all week. While I am setting up the game on the board I have them make up names for their teams-a tactic I recommend as it uses the time and they same to enjoy it-. One of the teams says that there team will be "Futori Japan." Sometimes I write the names they tell me in kanji, either as a joke-getting them intentionally wrong-or trying to write them correctly to show them that I am trying too. So, in Japanese there are two last names "Futori" One is 太。  It can mean "fat or "big" or "thick." The other Futori is "肥”。  I don't know what it means. I know I have a student named 太 so I wrote that one on the board. Yoshida-sensei, who looks like Mo from the three stooges and a frozen turkey had baby, and whom I like, got panicky and said "No..No!. That is something different but.....okay...uh...." All of the kids were laughing. They seemed to be having fun to me. After class, Yoshida-sensei got upset with me. "You wrote 太 on the board. It means fat. All of the kids were laughing. You were making fun of his name!" "Is there not a name ”太”? ”No." "Yes there is. I have a student named "太” "No. There is no one named that." "Yes there is." "NO! Absolutely not at this school." "I have 1,000 students and I know there is a 太。 Why is that bad." "Okay, maybe you think it is okay, but..." She fades out as we walk into class.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

read this article linked here Discover More her comment is here Resources this hyperlink

Unknown said...

find out this here check over here Full Report buy replica bags browse around these guys visit this site

Anonymous said...

additional info description why not try here their website view Louis Vuitton fake Bags

Anonymous said...

Related Site www.dolabuy.su Related Site www.dolabuy.su read here Ysl replica handbags

my house said...

j7t44f1y66 c8r51c6o48 d5l35f6h17 d0a61r8f48 k6k50s8a31 t1p62n5m74

attempting to silence the voices in my head.