Sunday, June 1, 2008

Elementary

I was at Ichizu and Koya, the two elementary schools that feed into Tomorogi, all this week. Koya is the one that is blamed for all of the badness. I spoke with the vice-principal (the most powerful position in Japanese schools) about the situation at length. She says that the 2nd years that are such a problem at junior high now, were a huge problem in elementary school as well. Maybe what we have is just a small wave of rotten kids that ended up together. Maybe it is the culmination of a wave of bad families. Maybe there was a wave of bad teachers. Who knows. Probably a little of column A a little from column B. I told her about all of the stuff going on at school and she couldn't believe it. She says it is my responsibility to beat on them. I feel the same way, but I have no back-up. We also agreed that I should tell the truth on my monthly work report that goes to the board of ed. just to build a record in case anything happens.

I go back tomorrow. Not really looking forward to it. I think I am just not taking shit and leaving class when things go bad this week. I'mm not going to sit around and bargain with the fuckers.

I also told her that I don't like teaching at elementary schools so much because they treat me like I am an animal in the zoo.

No comments:

attempting to silence the voices in my head.