Sunday, June 1, 2008

I Won't Mention Kimbo Slice

Josh Gross does a better job of covering the ElteXC network debut of MMA than I feel like doing here.

Gina Carano, whil ebeing really hot, shouldn't be given a free pass for continually not making weight. If she is a professional athlete and not a pin-up girl than she should be treated like a professional athlete. I mean that in all of the good ways and bad ways. The fact that being on American Gladiators doesn't give you enough time to train properly only means that you should quit American Gladiators. It isn't fair to your opponents to keep coming in over weight.

I had an open mind on Kimbo Slice. He seemed to be doing and saying the right things. He was humble and training with Bas Rutten. But he was exposed this weekend. He is garbage. He was beaten down by James Thompson, a man who would be the first stage on Mike Tyson's Punch Out. Kimbo has very little to offer and they can't keep tossing him cans. A dubious stoppage. I don't think I have ever seen a fight called due to exploding cauliflower ear.

No comments:

attempting to silence the voices in my head.