Monday, June 9, 2008

Inevitable

It really was inevitable wasn't it? After hiding from me and escaping punishment all of Friday, Yoshida went home and told his parents that I attacked him and injured his leg. After coming to the teacher's room and having Fukunaka, who he kicked while he was helpless on the ground, apologize to him for injuring the same leg. Apparently, Yoshida's dad was very angry and called on Friday. I have an appointment to speak with Yoshida and his mom today. I am happy to, but it really depends on what kind of person she is. I will have to tell her straight up that her son is a liar as well as a bully. I'll try and be tactful. We'll see how that goes. I still blame this, more and more even, on the 3rd year teachers.

3 comments:

The Artful Insomniac said...

Keep the faith, you are in the right. It is amazing how the "system" sets up situations like, a trinkle down affect of not caring, and who gets !@#$ on? The people who do care.

The Artful Insomniac said...

did i mean to say trickle? you will never know.

The Morholt said...

Hey Wes
I can't imagine how you stay there. My teeth are ground flat and I verge on ulcers just from normal teaching stress. good luck with dealing with all this. It seems that as a foreigner you have little chance of influencing the lax discipline and indulgence that are the source of these problems. Can't even think of anything funny to say about that.

attempting to silence the voices in my head.