Monday, July 28, 2008

Alive

Alive in America. 6 hours in Honolulu at gate 15 staring at Diamondhead as a guy on a cell phone,they are all on cellphones, argues with his girlfriend. The unironic clincher, "That's how I roll!"

Pefect flight to Atlanta on Sominex. N0 movies. No headphones. No turbulence. Asleep on my tray table. Jennifer took me to Waffle House and Super Walmart so I could experience life as a white person. Handed me off to Chad and we were off to Knoxville. Dave Kyser is in the hospital with swollen hands as his dog tried to eat his cat and he tried to stop it. No sign of the cat. No camp for Dave. Strange nexus of dead state-troopers in North Carolina. Possible run on panda brains for the ecodorm. Warren Wilson College has my initials.

attempting to silence the voices in my head.