Friday, July 11, 2008

School Expert Says: School Works!!!

A British education expert gives Japanese elementary schools a thumbs up. There is a lot I like about Japanese schools and stuff that I don't. In the end though, it is the same equation as anywhere else; good schools work and bad schools don't. Surprise. On the whole, I think that Japan probably has more good schools, but that is hard to say sitting here.

Somehow, the thing I can't get over is that this article again wrongly uses the phrase "magic bullet." I hate that. Wait. Now I am thinking. You could make a strange case that it uses it correctly but I think they mean to say "silver bullet." People often confuse the two. This makes me more nuts that it should. It is like when people say, "She got the Noble Peace Prize in science." No. No she didn't. Nobody ever has. Still better than calling someone a "porous defender."

No comments:

attempting to silence the voices in my head.