Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy 4th of July II !



I think I posted this last year as "Two heroin addicts, a pot enthusiast, and a Rhodes scholar play a song about a train." The most patriotic song that I actually like. I feel about Willie Nelson and music the way I feel about BJ Penn and fighting; sometimes he just descends to earth for our benefit. He forgets the lyrics though. It's "Train yards full of old black men." Although I am sure that there are graveyards full of old black men somewhere.

I talked to the elementary school kids about Independence Day yesterday. I told them that England was very strong and America was very weak back then and then I asked them how America won. "The atomic bomb!!" Each class answered without fail. "No. Americans are really good cheaters so they all hid in the woods and shot at English soldiers who lined up like you were supposed to back then and then they ran. After a few years the English said, 'Go on and take it!'" The kids liked that version of the story.

No comments:

attempting to silence the voices in my head.