Monday, July 14, 2008

Like I Said, It's Hot.

I was worried yesterday that people would get heatstroke. Especially sinc eit is matsuri season. I would wager that some tourists in town for Gion Matsuri are going to pass out at some point today.

Speaking of passing out, we are having a Gion Matsuri party at my house tonight. Now that I live on Muromachi, I actually have Yamaboko on my street. I went and took pictures of them being erected yesterday. Will try to post soon.

A few months ago I was coming home from work and I heard a group practicing the Gion Matsuri "kon kon chiki chin kon chinki chin" music and I got excited. The next morning I was riding my bike to work and I got all excited thinking I was hearing it again. It turns out it was just the metal shutters on a parking garage being opened. I am all for dischordant Japanese music but... It happened again this weekend. I hear some metal banging and thought "It's started!!" But it was just another shutter, being lowered this time.

Sorry it is on a weekday Ed, or I would have invited you.

No comments:

attempting to silence the voices in my head.