Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I Still Love Wesley Clark

If you understand why Wesley Clark is being railroaded right now, then you have come a long way towards understanding U.S. politics. Here is a brief review if you haven't been following. What Wesley Clark did by saying that John McCain being a POW doesn't mean that he has national security expertise was to break through the fake, soapy, 4th wall surrounding our TV politics opera. As the Fresh Prince once said, "He's the DJ, I'm the rapper." Clark went and forgot that the seating arrangements were all made long before he ever showed up. Like any good boy band, the roles are assigned before the members are cast. McCain is the war hero. Being the war hero means that they are infallible on national security, until they fail royally and everyone shrugs and asks, "How could we have known?" It is the same mistake John Kerry made. He wasn't cast as the war hero. John McCain is the war hero. Further more, Democrats aren't allowed to be war heroes.

A larger violation is that Gen. Clark asked an intelligent question with an obvious answer. Does being shot down and held prisoner give you special qualifications to be president? Not really. It makes you a special person to survive it. It makes you courageous. It makes you a hard individual. But many people have been POWs. They deserve our respect and have amazing personal stories. That is exactly what Clark said. He went on to say that McCain was a hero of his in Vietnam. What he said after that was that McCain's record contained little in the way of larger command experience but he seemed to be claiming that he was. What he forgot is that everyone is suppsoed to play along. The band had been cast. Maybe Clark can be the shy one.

4 comments:

Mike S said...

Clark's comment were taken way out of context.The McCain camp are fishing for anything to use it against Obama.Clark is classy guy and explained what he meant very elegantly.The truth is,Clark is right on the mark about McCain.

wwc said...

Mike S in the house. Who is Mike S??? I dunno.... But...Mike S in da house!

Anonymous said...

I listened to Clark on the way home yesterday on NPR and he was explaining this. It is so true! Will you ever hear these quotes in FWB? I fear not. I am so tired of the Republicans pushing their crap in my face. Everytime I open my e-mail a "friend" has sent me more tripe! I have started sending them all my John Kerry newslterrs and my Code Pink newsletters. I will also send them this blog. It's amazing how fast their crap stopped coming to my computer. I am serious about this and I am ready to back any of them down. I hurt for our country.

wwc said...

Go mom!!! Give it to 'em!

attempting to silence the voices in my head.