Sunday, December 16, 2007

Air America, Whither Thou Goest?

I am a nut for radio. When Air America came out, I was so stoked. I became a member as soon as I could and download all of the podcasts religiously. I endured when many of the best shows in the history of radio went by the wayside; from Morning Sedition to Unfiltered, from The Majority Report to The Marc Maron show. The powers at AA seem to be doing everything they can to slaughter good radio. Even if I agree with Randi Rhodes politics my desire to listen to her show is matched only by my desire to drink on Tuesdays at the Holiday Inn lounge, which is to say 'zero.' Rachel Maddow is alright but walks the line between okay and boring so nimbly as if to seem deliberate.

Now, AA has fired Kent Jones. Kent Jones has been a continous bright spot through all of these shows and somehow remained as everyone else went away. What are they thinking. I guess they want to appeal to mid-40s hopeless women who live in one room apartments comforted by their cats and the hope that beautiful gay men will turn straight for them. I am not sure what they are thinking. It goes back to our theme of the week (month, year) that those who make the decisions have to right to be making these decisions.

To deepen the mystery, the last good show left on AA, The Young Turks, has disappeared over the last two days. What is going on? No one knows.

No comments:

attempting to silence the voices in my head.