Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Let me Talk Right Down to Earth in a Language That Everyone Here Can Easily Understand

There has been lots of political stuff that I have been meaning to get to. Let me mention this that I meant to mention a week ago. So Pres. Bush (appointed) gave a press conference last week to discuss the National Intelligence Estimate Report on Iran. Of course, it turns out that the government knew a while back that Iran had halted its nuclear weapons program and had sat on the report so they could try to rile everybody up about a war with Iran. Caught in this deception, Pres. Bush said that Mike McConell, his Director of National Intelligence had come to him months ago, told him there was new information on Iran and that was all. How can that be all? How? If you are the President and you are discussing constantly how Iran is a rapidly brewing crisis and your Director of Intelligence comes to you and says "We have new information." To you let it go at that? Do you not press them and press them and make sure you understand it all pefectly. This is the most ridiculous kind of lie because it has to be a lie and we have to pretend that it is true. If it is true, then shouldn't Bush step down immedietly as an ineffective leader? This goes back to what I have been saying for years about Enron being the pattern for the current government. We are told repeatedly, "We are professionals. Just trust us." Then, when something bad happens they say, "Look, I don't really have any power over anything. I don't know what goes on inside these offices that I run." Really? If that is the case, then don't ask for the fucking job. It goes back to my favorite line in one of my favorite movies "I know he can get the job, but can he do the job!" Really, all of these people can get the job, ir is obvious, it has been obvious that they can't do the job. If the press lets this lie go, like every other weak ass lie then.....then what? We already have gone further than I ever thought we could down this road. Pathetic.

1 comment:

The Artful Insomniac said...

Surgeons, lawyers, CPAs all go to jail or at least lose their job, not by murdering anyone, but by just being incompetent. So why not the highly government office?

attempting to silence the voices in my head.