Sunday, December 16, 2007

Kabu



This is the Kabu. The turnip radish. I now love it. When Brett left for Korea he got stuck with a bunch of organic vegetables that Zack had talked him into ordering and then fled the country. I bought them for $20 and worried that they would go to waste. Yesterday, hungover and immobile with knee pain I decided to make a soup. First I cut up this bad boy and decided to eat him raw. Best vegetable I have ever eaten, hands down. The outside tastes like raw potato and feels colder towards the middle. It isn't sweet but it isn't bitter. The stems taste like warm butter, even though they were in the fridge.


The soup turned out quite good, but sliced up and raw is the way to go on this one. Oh, kabu! I sing your praises.

No comments:

attempting to silence the voices in my head.