Wednesday, December 5, 2007

I Don't Know....Faggot

To quote David Cross. Here is an interesting article from loyal reader Susan B. out in Chinatown-The Country! Which is odd because I was talking to two of the teachers at school today who were very concerned over one boy at school, who walks like a girl, talks like a girl, is interested and girls stuff and wants to be a stewardess. They were tyring to figure out what might be the problem. "Maybe he is gay." I offered. Feeling bad for immediaely putting together gay and effeminate. I told them how odd I found it that Japanese people get so weirded out by people who are up front about being gay, but that Japanese guys do so many things that would be stereotyped very quickly as gay in America. Gender as a construct ladies and gentleman. Reading the article you might think pthat's great! You can take their lunch money and their women- But...a lot of girls really dig guys like this. It appears to me as pathetic. But I am biased, being the ideal of American male virility. And by virility, I mean 'virusy.' Virilitic.

2 comments:

The Morholt said...

I feel i ought to comment on this, being a slim effeminate homosexual myself, but all i can think to say is: "Oh."

wwc said...

Yes. All gay people are weak and ladylike. Especially you. Dainty even. I hope it didn't come across that I was buying into that generalization. Just because I like my guys weak and well...pliable really, doesn't mean that everyone does.

attempting to silence the voices in my head.