Saturday, December 1, 2007

Evel Dead

You try to live a healthy life. You try to play by the rules and do everything right. Then, for some reason, at the young age of 69, Jesus done calls you home.

Evel Knievel died. At home! Of natural causes!! That is probably his greatest stunt. Job well done Mr. Knievel. Sometimes it is hard to remember what a large psychic force this guy was on the U.S. in the late '70s early '80s. I remember building bike ramps and riding over them yelling "He's down. He's hurt. He's not even moving. He's hurt." Which was the call from his infamous Ceaser's Palace jump. These were the days when descramblers were our Youtube and it took a special kind of crazy to go national. He is like the Pittsburgh Steeler's Superbowl years. I know I must have been too young to actually watch but they are somehow present in my memory. Fucking nutcase. Well played sir.

No comments:

attempting to silence the voices in my head.