Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Strange Things Afoot!

I hadn't mentioned that Friday was the Mikuni 忘年会 end of the year drinking party. The judo teacher, who took a hate to me was wearing a suit so I started giving him shit about it. He decided to like me again and force-fed me beer. We both got 'faced and decided we were the only hard men at the gathering. Now he likes me. How long will this last?

To begin that story though, Friday morning I walked into the school to witness old judo coach in a verbal spat with the soccer coach. They were going at it pretty hardcore. Being trashed later I discussed this with the 二次会 warriors. Apparently they were arguing over the same thing judo teacher got mad at me about, his territorialism over his beloved dojo. Hmm.

Also, Yoshida sensei, who sits next to me, was very disturbed by news of my canning. She said she would call the Osaka Board of Ed. She also told the principal. I was excited but, all it has led to so far is a few phone numbers that might tell me of a school that is hiring. I really want to stay at my school. Ever since I left JET I have been hoping to end up somewhere nice for a bit. In the process I have turned 30 and not gone to grad-school. Maybe it is time to say "fuck it." To quote the rooster.

2 comments:

The Artful Insomniac said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Artful Insomniac said...

Ever since I left the shower toliet I have ignored all signs about what to do with life and things are fine. To quote John Dewy, the father of modern education "Book learning ain't all that!"

attempting to silence the voices in my head.