Sunday, October 14, 2007

secret photo rebellion


.

My friend Miho, the kimono enthusiast, invited me to a kimono exhibition. It had some beautiful kimono, which I would like to discuss in-depth here, but they didn't allow photography. One of the designers even took the time to explain how he made this very complicated design that looked like the front of a machiya and had complicated details embroidered into the fabric. He said it took him four months to make. There were some remarkable designs and some that were pretty crap. The fabrics were dyed.

Miho and Mayumi are boycotting my photography as I don't notify them that I am taking a picture and this flusters people. This was the first time I had seen Mayumi in clothes that were not yukata. We ate souffles, I thought mine taste a little heavily of egg, but...

No comments:

attempting to silence the voices in my head.