Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Still Feel Like Garbage

I need to write about the bunkasai. I need to return my late videos. All I can do is come home sleep. I wake up in the middle of the night, struggle to go back to sleep, wake up tired and then repeat the process again.

Today at school we tried to teach "I like. He/She likes." It went terribly. The underlying problem is that the kids have never been taught subject/verb. They don't understand verbs. I explained "He is. She is. I am. He likes. She likes. I like." So they would write things like "He is likes." I told the teacher that it is hard to go forwards when they can't understand that you can't have two verbs. She said, "Maybe. But this is what we have to teach now." So we have to teach them something they don't understand when they have no structure to fall back on and then we move on from there. That is why no one can speak English here.

1 comment:

The Morholt said...

and now for something completely different...
http://www.theonion.com/content/video/ninja_parade_slips_through_town

attempting to silence the voices in my head.