Friday, June 1, 2007

options

Edgar Frog: I think I should warn you all, when a vampire bites it, it's never a pretty sight. No two bloodsuckers go the same way. Some yell and scream, some go quietly, some explode, some implode, but all will try to take you with them.


I think I have found another job. It is working as an ALT at several junior high schools in Osaka. I would get paid a little more and get all national holidays as well as the entire months of August and March off. Now, I get no holidays off. I really hate my job and if this were 2-3 weeks ago I would just walk out the door. However, my bat-shit crazy boss has been super nice lately and has been telling me how good my classes are. I don't believe her but I am stupid in my loyalties sometimes. I know I should quit. My contract says that I have to give 2 months notice, but I have the feeling that that is not exactly legal. I also think that my recent suspicions that my boss is Sokka Gakkai , or something similar, and attempts faith healing on children-even during my class today. She really freaks me out. She also has the lease to my house. Whatever, she can take it and pay for it for two years. But, she spent my first month being a hateful tyrant and now is kind of doting on me. Isn't that just another side to the manipulation? What should I do? Leave and tell her she had it coming? I am pretty sure I will be 900 times happier working as an ALT, where you are actually treated like an educator and not a salesman. Uhhhh.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm in the minority (as always, haha!!!!!) but I love junior high the most, I think. I love 6th and 7th grade. In China, they're old enough to have learned some English but young enough to not have gone through military training yet and had every bit of creativity and vitality beaten out of them.

attempting to silence the voices in my head.