Saturday, July 14, 2007

Blow It Out Your Ass Arash Markazi

I just put him in the title so it will come up the next time he googles his name and comments anonymously. I didn't go back and check on my predictions from last weeks UFC. I didn't do as well on the methods as I did last time. I got all of the outcomes right except for Sherk vs Franca. I took a flyer on Franca and he couldn't pull it out. I still haven't seen the match but I heard it was a postion clinic. Naturally the assholes in the stands booed. Americans. Also, Ortiz Evans was a draw. I had Tito winning. The real question is; does Tito have any room to improve? I will still bet on him, but Rashad is only going to get better. I don't think Tito is. Nevertheless, he made mad coin on the draw ($200,000 to Evans $18,000)

To CNNSI I quote Michael Stipe, "Come on aboard I promise you you won't hurt the horse. We treat him well. We feed him well. There's lots of room for you on the bandwagon."

But they could really do with some better reporting. The real question coming out of "Stacked" is: which recently dethroned champion stands the best chance of regaining his belt? I'll give the percentages:

Tim Sylvia- %0
Chuck Liddell- %30
Rich Franklin-%40
GSP-%60
Matt Hughes-%50


After watching Silva, I gotta say that I don't think Franklin is going to be seeing that belt again. Well, seeing it maybe. Not wearing it. Tim Sylvia has no place among the top level heavyweights coming in. Hendo is coming and is a much better style match-up against Rampage than Liddell. He also out-classes Liddell in the athletic department. GSP has every reason to expect to beat Serra in a rematch but I think Koschek is a much more difficult match for him than people think... Hughes is looking more and more beatable. That being said he beat my boy Penn, but, what are you gonna do.

No comments:

attempting to silence the voices in my head.